This is a roleplaying game where you act as a character who is trying to survive in the town of Devil’s Nest and is equipped with various powers and means of gaining knowledge necessary to achieve that.
- The Town wins when all Scum roles are dead.
- The Mafia wins when they have outnumbered the town, and all neutral roles with opposing win conditions have been wiped out.
- Scum Neutrals follow the same condition, unless their role's win condition specifically allows them to win with another role/faction.
- True Neutrals' win conditions are varied and specific to the role, usually involving the completion of an objective.
Phases of the Day
The game operates on a Day System, with each day having three phases: Day, Night and Dawn. Each day begins with Day Phase (or Daytime) which has two sub-phases: Voting and Lynching. The Day phase has a 24 hour deadline that can be extended at the behest of the hosts. At the start of the Day Phase, players hold a forum and discuss their recent findings, they may cast their vote to lynch a person for that day, likewise they may choose to abstain from voting up another player. If the majority abstains, the lynch sub-phase is skipped and the game moves over to the next phase. However, if a player is voted up by the majority, the lynch sub-phase starts.
Once a player is voted up, the defendant is to submit a Plea of Innocence. This plea is the defendant’s last chance to change the mind of the Town. All the other players are required to respond to this post with "Guilty", "Innocent". or "Abstain", along with any additional comments. Note that players may respond to the plea once. Players are not allowed to further discuss beyond their lynch vote and their additional comment. They may not edit their response nor can they change their lynch vote. Furthermore, the host may issue a time constraint to keep a smooth, steady pace.
Once every player has voted. The defendant is either hanged or let go based on the majority vote. Abstains do not count, so the simple majority of the guilty/innocent votes will determine the outcome. Day Phase ends and Night Phase (or Night Time) begins. Each night will have a 24 hour deadline, players are only allowed one post in the public night thread within this time frame. Roles with Night Actions are required submit their night actions during this phase. Scum Factions such as the Mafia and Scum Neutrals with factional kills are also required to do the same.
Once every player and faction has submitted their night action, Night Phase ends and Dawn occurs. Dawn is the phase where some night actions and all factional kills resolve or are processed in concert with each other to determine results. This phase is nigh-instantaneous and only exists for clarity on resolution of effects.
A Last Will is the deceased’s last message to the public. Last Wills are submitted to the hosts via the appropriate Discord channel. In the event of a player’s death, the Will is published to the public. Players may revise their Wills at any point preceding the notification of their death. This is often used to divulge information or suspicions the player may have been holding onto while alive, or as a log of their actions taken each night.
Death Notes are messages (or images and GIFs) crafted by players and factions with a night kill. They are published to the public after the death of a victim. Think of this as a killer's calling card. Or an extra "F you" to the bereaved.
- You may only execute one action (ability) per day/night, unless a role's description states otherwise.
- All intended actions must be privately submitted to the hosts through Discord.
- The game starts in Day Phase that lasts 12 hours.
- After the first day, this will be 36 hours.
- Prods will be issued to players after 36 hours of inactivity.
- Any player who fails to post in the thread after a prod may be replaced.
- You may not directly quote information privately-supplied by hosts (whether real or fabricated).
- Paraphrasing supplied information for deception and role claims is acceptable.
- Throwing another player of the same faction under the bus is only acceptable if it is within reasonable cause.
- You are not allowed to communicate about the game with other players outside of the game.
- Deceased players and spectators may not post in the game threads.
- Failure to comply with the rules will result in replacement and blacklisting from future games.